Warranty & Returns
The Cassidy Music Company Ltd (CMC) takes great care and pride in the design, production and preparation of all of our guitars, hard cases and gig bags in seeking to provide the best service possible to our Customers. As a consequence we stand by the quality of our products and provide ongoing support to our Customers as set out below in the terms of our product warranty. All Sales Contracts entered into by CMC shall be deemed to incorporate these Conditions to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions whether appearing in any document or other communication used by the Customer in concluding any contract with CMC or otherwise.
Despatch of Goods
Our guitars and other products are not normally sent out to you on the day of purchase. This is because we check and set-up each product before carefully packaging it and sending it to you via our selected courier. When you have made your purchase we will contact you and notify you when you are likely to receive your guitar. Inspection, Preparation and Despatch are normally completed within 2 working days of your purchase.
Reporting and Returning Damaged Goods
All guitars and other products are pre-checked, setup against our factory specifcations and well packaged before being dispatched to you. However, in the event of goods arriving damaged, any shipping damage must be reported to us by email or telephone within 24 hours of receipt. In this event, we may require additional photographic evidence from you in order to confirm the damage to the Courier. If a claim is found valid, we will collect the goods from you at no charge. After we have received and inspected the returned goods a full replacement will be offered, or a full refund in the event that the goods are no longer in stock.
At the point of delivery, all goods become the responsibility of you the customer. From this point, you will be responsible for the safekeeping and correct use of all goods, CMC will not be responsible for any damage or fault arising from incorrect storage or use. The validity and conditions of any refund/return will be affected by any damage considered to be caused through misuse or neglect.
Cooling Off Period
Under the conditions outlined in the EU Consumer Rights Directive and in considerations of the exclusions listed below, CMC operates a 14 day cooling-off returns policy for products that are still in their original condition. This allows UK and EU customers to cancel their order up to 14 days after receipt of their goods. If you wish to cancel your order during this 14-day period, please notify us in writing by letter or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your right to return goods to us is subject to the following exclusions :
- Special Orders – Any order which has been specified or customized by us to your specifications. This includes custom setups to our standard range as specified by you, or production of our UKCB range which would involve agreeing the specification in advance with you.
- Financed Goods – Goods purchased on finance cannot be returned under the 14-days cooling off period. Financed goods are conditional based sales where the consumer is bound to purchase the goods from the outset but do not own the goods until they have fulfilled all conditions of the contract (typically through complete payment of all financial instalments).
- Software, Media and CDs – where the packaging has been unsealed (unless the product is faulty) and copyright policies apply, any product registered via digital or physical means becomes immediately exempt for any returns.
- Health and Safety – any product that has come in contact with a customer’s ear or mouth, such as microphones, headphones, earphones or product with a mouthpiece that have been used or where the hygienic seal has been separate or broken.
If you choose to exercise your right to cancel your order within the cancellation period, you should return the goods to us within within 14 days and take reasonable care in doing as detailed in the EU Consumer Rights Directive (2011/83/EU). The risk and cost of returning the goods to us shall be accepted by you unless you have notified us that the goods have arrived damaged or faulty (as detailed above) and this has been verified by us.
Please take particular note that as outlined in the EU Consumer Rights Directive (2011/83/EU), failure to return items in their original condition and in their original packaging may result in our refusal to accept the goods and issue you with a refund. Returned goods are subject to the same detailed inspection that we carry out on goods about to be despatched and any damage or indications of use that would not allow us to describe the goods as “Brand New” will result in our refusal to accept the return. In such cases you will be responsible for the costs of collection from us.
Upon cancellation of the contract and our acceptance of the returned item we will credit your account with a full refund for the goods. Normally refunds will be processed within 24 hours of us receiving the returned item as described above.
Warranty against Defects
CMC warrants our products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase. This warranty applies only to the original retail purchaser only, is non-transferable and is subject to the limitations as set out below.
Initial standard inspection, setup and adjustment of the product and its components are carried out on all of our instruments prior to shipping. Please note that new instruments may require minor adjustments to set up (e.g. Truss Rod and Action adjustment) following transportation and due to changes in environmental conditions. Such adjustments are not covered by this warranty.
It is a condition of this Warranty that you take good care of the product purchased and in particular in relation to guitars in line with the advice given in the Guitar Care Section in the Main Menu and also by using appropriate Guitar Care Products.
Limitations and Exclusions
The following items are not covered by this warranty:
- Damage caused by impact or other misuse,
- Fret wear, saddle wear, nut wear, strings and batteries.
- Setups, adjustments or routine maintenance of any kind.
- Damage to finishes or cracks, splitting, or warpage of wood due to changes in temperature or humidity, exposure to or contact with sun, fire, moisture, perspiration, body salts and acids, guitar straps, guitar stands/hangers made from vinyl, plastic, rubber or other synthetic materials, any other chemicals or unsuitable polishes.
- Damage, corrosion or rusting of any hardware components caused by humidity, or exposure to the moisture and body salts of perspiration.
- Any damage to an instrument resulting from customization or modification.
- Normal wear and tear on any part of the instrument or case including jacks, controls, switches, plated surfaces, tuning machines, pickguards, handles, latches, case hardware etc.
- All other damage and deterioration due to normal usage, wear and tear, aging, accidents, neglect, abuse, or Acts of Nature.
- Any instrument, whose serial number is missing, altered or tampered with in any way.
- Instruments that have been serviced or modified by unauthorized persons (any person other than a Cassidy Approved Technician).
- Any subjective issues such as “Tone”.
- Chrome, Nickel and Gold Plating.
- “B Stock” and “Ex Demo” products which are “sold as seen”.
How do I obtain warranty service for my instrument?
IMPORTANT: PLEASE RETAIN YOUR ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT, AS IT IS YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE VALIDATING THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
If at any time during the warranty, this guitar malfunctions due to faulty materials and workmanship, CMC will, at it’s sole discretion, repair the defect without charge or replace it with a model of similar specification and value that does not exceed the original purchase price of the guitar.
To receive warranty service, contact CMC in the first instance in order to receive a Returns Authorisation Number. You should then return the complete instrument to the address provided with your sales receipt as proof of purchase, during the applicable warranty period.
All transportation, insurance and freight charges associated with warranty service and repairs on all instruments are the responsibility of the Purchaser.
On arrival at the CMC factory, a determination will be made whether the defect is covered under the terms of the warranty. If the repair is covered under the terms of the warranty, it will be repaired at no cost to the original purchaser (excluding shipping). If the repair is not covered under warranty, and estimate of the cost of the repair to the original purchaser will be given.
CMC makes no other Express Warranty of any kind whatsoever. All implied Warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose exceeding the specific provisions of this warranty are hereby disclaimed and excluded from this Warranty.
CMC shall not be liable for any special, indirect consequential, incidental or other similar damage suffered by the Purchaser or and other Third Party, including without limitation, damages for loss or profits or business or damages resulting from use of performance of the instrument. CMC shall not be liable for any expenses or claims arising out of or relating to any of the above.
CMC pursues a policy of continuous improvement on all its products and service provided to our Customers. It may therefore be necessary that we alter the terms of our Limited Warranty and the specification of our products without prior notice.
_ _ _